PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Algerie loses contact with its plane leaving Ouagadougou
Old 1st Oct 2014, 01:12
Naali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps someone with more knowledge , would like to explain to me what means in interim report that at some time,something reverted to Mach mode for 30 seconds and still wasn,t holding that mode. .74 sounds reasonable at level but fluctuations do make my mind wander...of what happened in there,in the cockpit. .Changes with A/T,would be enough of a reason to get attention. Speed changes from .742 to .740,would cause throttle movements,likely to be observed. MD80,s autothrottle-coupled autopilot, has a bad ? programming,- to react without polarisation or expectations ,so it doesn,t use throttle as human would do.It sure tells the passengers also,that we move these things with power,fluctuating from none to all. I had much work to understand MD80,s Flight guidance systems,and by time learned to override some of them,to revert back to basics..Three miles equal thousand feet as anywhere ,disregarding Vnav ...So we humans might still be able to look farther forward than anything else. No one wants to have an accident to happen,and every pilot wants to fly,any airplane he or she gets trapped on. Sadly,we make mistakes of our own. Human mind is still better to find every Mis,-than any legal control to find guardian or limits to protect us from doing things,even mistakes. Accidents are never,just happening. They have their rooting from many years ,establishing possibilities for expectations to be true. Maths,sadly prove some of the saddest results,without trying to turn the info , upside down for any purposes. And we live in it..

Last edited by Naali; 1st Oct 2014 at 03:43. Reason: addings.