PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spring airlines
Thread: Spring airlines
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2014, 10:51
Woodenfloor1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will try and be constructive.
Not many in the airline speak English. You will have lots of delays and I mean lots. The company have an internal website which names and shames pilots whom have any type of incident placed with a photo for all to see and read.
There is about 50 foreign skippers. The airline try and act all nice nice but you are only a means to the pilot shortage and don't forget that. The training is zero. You are put in a sim with no brief or debrief and just try and survive as if you don't look at the trainer or examiner in the correct way, you may find being back In the right seat, grounded with no pay or they may find some excuse to fail you're medical. I'm 2 years in and only for the money, I would be gone but I can assure you, I won't be renewing. The contract agencies try and sugar coat it but business is business and don't trust any, including the good ones. The hotels on over nights are poor. The airline has a hotel located next door to the airline offices, it's called the homeyo and it's very poor. It has mould, dirty carpets and smells of damp. Before all this you must come to shanghai and complete the assessment. The medical is unusual with most doctors having no English and the best bit is at the end of the day when you are placed in a room, the door locked with Chinese doctors and other pilots and told to strip to boxers and then to nothing to check you over. The interview is about 5 mins and no issue. The ATP exam is pot luck. Out of 15 who took it only 3 of us passed and I guessed About 20 as the questions can be a mix of Chinese to English. The sim assessment is a joke, no brief, in the sim and off you go. Lots of failures etc. in my opinion if you are desperate don't even think of this place, stay in you're job till something better comes. Hope this helps.