PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2014, 21:54
Fairdealfrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was sitting on the TK flight at IST yesterday morning and the flight attendant made an announcement over the intercom:-

"Welcome to flight TK 1967 to London Birmingham Airport......"
You cannot be serious (as John McEnroe would say).

It could come between London Oxford airport and London Ashford airport for hilarity value.
Is it right that FR refer to BOH as "London West"?

With the risk of being moved to jetblast I think I have found the solution to England's social and economic problem with regards to the them and us attitude towards the capital... do away with all our town and city names from the Scottish border south and also along the welsh border and call everywhere London...
Bit unfair isn't it, why should the Scots and the Welsh be excluded?

On a more serious note, the media already do this to a large extent, usually adding (often wrong) compass points.

Getonnit,

Talking of Berlin, good article in the latest Airliner World about the continuing delays at the new Berlin Airport,

Seems it might not open till at least 2017 !!

A further problem is that it was built with a maximum capacity of 27 million. Yet recent projections are that it will now need to be expanded before it opens as it is now expected over 30 million will use it in the 1st year of opening.

Nigel
There's SXF next door with a terminal that can be used (they're already intending to use the rwy), and keep TXL open. Job done.