PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uni or not? (Merged 2013)
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2014, 20:41
aeroalexGR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just started Year 12... I've got around 23 hours in a C172 and I've began my PPL and managed to even do my first solo 1 month ago...

Unfortunately, I didn't do as well as I wanted in Maths GCSE, and got a B; even though I was predicted and was expecting an A or above. As a result, couldn't do AS Maths at school, and now I find myself in a bit of trouble... However in my rest of my subjects I got the rest As and A*s.

This is because that without Maths I cannot get into Uni entry requirements in London for something like Air Transport Operations or something like that. Which leads me to my next question... is uni worth all the money (taking into account the huge tuition fees)? (career opportunities-wise, not partying, social etc.) What courses would you recommend? Is there no way to get into City for example without the B in A2 maths?

The The Air Transport Operations with ATPL course looks good, however I found out that it has been discontinued. Anything like this to come in the future?

What would you advise me to do ?

Thanks!

Last edited by aeroalexGR; 29th Sep 2014 at 22:50.