PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legal experts: CAO 20.18.10
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2014, 10:50
thorn bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I find completely bizarre is this debate is occurring over what a regulation means.

Having plowed through our part 61 a few times and still completely in the dark as to what they mean or intend
should it not be an imperative for Guv mint regulators to write regulations that are unambiguous, so us poor members of the great unwashed class can decipher what they mean and therefore comply with them, rather than us taking a guess, thus generating massive income for bottom feeding lawyers ( Creamie excepted of course)

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we as an industry could bring a class action against CAsA for deliberately writing indecipherable regulations, with malice and aforethought to trap the unsuspecting into breaches attracting massive penalties ( figure I owe the Guv mint around 30 million dollars in penalties, and that's only going back ten years, for not filling in my log book in a timely manner).

Ignorance of the law is no excuse!!!.

Authority keeps promoting that, but shouldn't it be a mitigating excuse that the laws are not understandable to them that must comply with them, rather than just the lawyers??

Part 61 has descended upon us.

Terrence F..ck witson says the sky hasn't fallen in!!

Give it time Terry, you may just get to use your public provided A380 endo. in anger yet, that's if you can find an FO to fly with.

Last edited by thorn bird; 29th Sep 2014 at 11:08.