PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taylor Titch
Thread: Taylor Titch
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2014, 08:48
Unusual Attitude

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Titch, the Cassutt, Midget Mustang and indeed most of the midget F1 racers all seem to be tarred with this 'flying coffin' image which I certainly don't agree with.

As stated already these are truly stick and rudder aircraft, are unstable in all axis, very slippery and need to be constantly flown, they also have a few 'gotchas' to watch for but if you have a decent set of hands and feet and approach them with a cautious and sensible attitude while you build up experience on type I don't see an issue. If you jump into one with little in the way of research and preparation and expect it to fly like a normal GA type you stand a good chance of killing yourself.

A good friend of mine owns a Titch and recently flew it to Spain, raced it for a week and flew it all the way back to the UK in a single day afterwards. He's very much still alive after that adventure and he loves his Titch to bits!

Not so sure its a great idea as a first taildragger but if you did some dual Pitts time first and took it all very sensibly and slowly you'd probably be fine.

Regards

UA