PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HOUSING
Thread: HOUSING
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2014, 05:37
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorvad - your history of posts shows a distinctive trend: name calling and that everything is excusable due "personal circumstance": from G-Day workers to all manner of other topics. Your stouches with "Yeager" spring to mind.

For the record (and feel free to read my history of posts on the topic) when I was offered C-Scale I was never on easy street. I was living pay cheque to pay cheque and saving what and where I could for my expected / promised move to HK. I looked into every sentence, paragraph, chapter and verse of the contract given to me. I sought independent financial advice from sources in HK to see if the contract was workable LONG TERM. All advice given was that it simply wasn't. So why waste ?? years at CX only be use it as a stepping stone to re-join at the bottom of a seniority list somewhere else? I spoke to friends at CX all saying the same and what it would mean for LONG TERM pressure on the pilot T&C's generally. Unmistakably C-Scale is and was wrong all accounts. C-Scale is NOT a better job than the others out there. I and many others who turned it down are living proof and can attest to it.

The 3+ years I was in limbo waiting for the promised offer was nothing but shear HELL. Working short term contract jobs anywhere I could get them in order to bide my time: treated like crap as all of the contract guys were by way of rosters, routes and general conditions. Only after I turned C-Scale down was I able to plan for a future and then interview for a career job. No short cuts and no undermining anywhere.

And the ivory tower you accuse me of living in has been built brick by ivory bloody brick with hard work, study, determination and patience. If that offends you then I'll wait for your reply and name calling..... And Shirley: yes, I have my pretty Breitling. Such a pleasure to wear when you earn the privilege to afford to do so. Shall I tell you about my Patek Phillipe or my holiday bungalow? You'd be amazed what hard work, credentials, experience, determination and patience can get. And no, we won't meet for a drink. I visit 7/11's only rarely for a quick soft drink as I pass by when in HK. But if by chance we were at a bar that didn't require Groupon coupons and with my B-Scale friends I know they'll be telling you the same. Keeping the peace on the flightdeck while you guys all rant about how tough the C-Scale package is to live on, hearing you justify your decision, how you're going to tell CX to shove it and run to EK, etc, etc.... is one thing. Doing it socially at a bar and expecting the same tolerance and patience is definitely another.

As said before, B-Scale did not lower the standards (recruitment and other) to what C-Scale has. B-Scale did not prevent pilots from securing a financially responsible career for them and their families. B-Scale did not lower the global applicant experience levels to zero hours. B-Scale did not lower interview questions to "Tell us what your parents think about you becoming a pilot" (as per another's interview experience shared on this web site). B-Scale did not cut the training from 14 FFS's for DESO's with 1000's of hours experience to 6 for iCadets applying with zero experience. Harp on as you wish regarding A to B Scale but the differences from A-B and then B-C are lightyears apart by way of severe detrimental affects on a pilot's long term career and financial security at CX.

Bangaluru: No. Not "EVERYBODY". 59 out of 60 of us on the hold file immediately as C-Scale was offered said NO to C-Scale. 98.33% said NO.

Your comment of "it's every man for himself here" speaks volumes.

Silber: Some airlines will accept a maximum of 500 hrs of the P2X rating. This is their uniform approach to other airlines operating with SO's such as QF. But to be competitive for a position at EK, EY or QR you're going to need a recognisable circa 4000 hrs TT. I do not doubt for one instant the comments you make about your friend. However he must have had close to or more hours than fresh CPL when joining CX. If 6 years ago he would most likely have been a DESO which means he would have had close to those hours already (plus Command time) to even interview for CX for the DESO position. (When I interviewed the min TT was 2500 hrs ex military guy, max was around 6500 hrs TT. All of us had > 1000 hrs Command time. All but one had jet experience and the one that didn't was a turboprop Capt).

I've many, many friends at CX who are worried and see the pressures that C-Scale has undeniably placed on their contracts. The evidence is this entire thread and your latest AOA update. How so many of you can pat the backs of those placing undeniable pressures on your own career and financial security is amazing.

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 29th Sep 2014 at 05:57.