PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Labour demand to know each time a Tornado takes off!
Old 29th Sep 2014, 05:17
5 Forward 6 Back

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hangarshuffle,

I would be happier if the Sec of State had stood up in the H of C before this started and said "I absolve any aircrew of blame if you misdirect your weaponry onto innocents" or the like.
In this war, if the aircrew hit or kill the innocent bystander, the technology is there and will be used to hang them out to dry.
Got anything to back that up? I've seen the technology used to disseminate Reaper feeds around the world; those guys are under vastly more scrutiny than GR4 crews are, with their feeds seen by more people, and they've fired a much larger amount of weapons than the GR4 fleet over the last few years.

There are always mistakes in war, and there was one publicised Reaper one. I was involved enough with the GR4 in HERRICK to know about a few mistakes there, and what happened to all the crews involved. No-one was "hung out to dry" based on their feed, and there wasn't any intent that I saw at any level to blame crews for any sort of honest mistake.

Why do you think that will be different in SHADER compared with ELLAMY and HERRICK?