PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HOUSING
Thread: HOUSING
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2014, 02:03
McNugget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, they aren't.

Those greener pastures may await our newly anointed JFOs soon. For the rest, well, they have potentially years of voting before the same opportunities arrive.

That said, it's not my style (nor the LEP body as a whole) to separate the workforce into factions, but ultimately, the LEP workforce will be the dominant one within the AOA, and they have the GC membership to represent them.

Everyone needs to come to the realisation that a UNION is a body representing a unified body, not sub-representing the various factions within, as an individual concern.

Expats will have the full support of the (highly unified) LEP group, but for that to happen, they need to feel that they have the support of the expat pilot group.

Sounds fair enough.

Goathead- it's not about going after anyone's stuff. We all need to stick up for each other and understand the impact of what we're separately concerning ourselves with;

I (an LEP) want the best possible housing outcome for expats. It puts upward pressure on our terms, so it does involve me.

You ought to fight for better LEP terms, as those terms put downward pressure on yours, and I believe it to be in your best interest to minimise the discrepancy. To that end, I would state that HKPA terms & negotiations also involve the expats.

Be assured, however, that although you'll hear most of us may be looking elsewhere, but if conditions improve, LEPs will stay. I reckon most would like to stay if it is viable. It's a dreadful industry for job seekers, and CX is far from the worst. The only complaint you'll hear resonating time and time again from us is that we will be unable to accommodate a family in HK when that time comes. That has to change, and it will, lest hundreds leave the company each year when the time comes. What we must collectively ensure is that what we get offered to stem that flow minimises the downward pressure exerted on the expat package.

Consequently as a group, we're not short-sighted enough to just sell out our peers over a few measly dollars. It's in everyone's collective interests to look out for each other's benefits.

A Scale allowed B Scale to happen. B Scale allowed C Scale to happen. What's done is done. I believe CX has found the floor, and will be intent on bringing everyone down to it/in that direction.

Last edited by McNugget; 29th Sep 2014 at 05:03.