PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low Flying Dung
Thread: Low Flying Dung
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2014, 23:51
onetrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can recall a story related to me by a U.S. friend who owned a Citabria, about how he took his 19 yr old son along as pax when he went on a cross-country jaunt.
Having just levelled off at FL120, son immediately says, "Oooohh, Dad, I gotta go! - urgently! - I shouldn't have wolfed that big greasy hamburger before we took off!"

Dad immediately berates him about not "going" before he left - and explains that it just took him 20 mins to reach FL120 and he isn't going to try and find an airstrip and put down and waste all that time and fuel, just because son wants a crap! - he can "go" in a plastic shopping bag, and throw it out the window!!

Son complains, but does the deed - and Dad relates about how he "stunk the plane out, like you wouldn't believe!!" Son slides open the window a little and hurls the offending waste out as best he can into the slipstream - whereupon the bag immediately becomes entangled around the tailplane!!

Dad then relates how he carried out some fancy aerobatics to try and shake the offending bag off - which he finally succeeds in doing!
However, back on the ground, someone probably got narrowly missed by a flying turd in a plastic bag from space!!