PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Labour demand to know each time a Tornado takes off!
Old 28th Sep 2014, 17:55
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kicking the arse out of it.

You did a few posts back. When you think about it, in late 2014 what is actually so bad about the original idea (if its true)? from an Politicians viewpoint?
Technology is there now that men could put a live feed camera from the aircraft, from the weapon even onto a live TV link. Beam it out live on TV, bit like Springwatch or the footy....
Viz - Politicians expect to be kept in absolute constant touch info via their phones and staff gophers - vital to be "in the loop".
This live feed stuff has been going on for ages anyway, some most even of you know this.
Live drone links and the like...

Biggest micro managers of men in war recently must be Thatcher (Belgrano and more..) and Sir Winston Churchill, shurely?

But to add, its more sinister (for the combat aircrews) because its about monitoring. Harriet is simply stepping up the level of monitoring, of audit. The poor people fighting at the air front, now, are under a level of scrutiny unheard of. I think its now upon the military something I've thought for while, since the Sgt RM was sentenced to life imprisonment, that your every move is now monitored and commented and judged upon.
I would be happier if the Sec of State had stood up in the H of C before this started and said "I absolve any aircrew of blame if you misdirect your weaponry onto innocents" or the like.
In this war, if the aircrew hit or kill the innocent bystander, the technology is there and will be used to hang them out to dry.

Last edited by Hangarshuffle; 28th Sep 2014 at 18:39.