PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do I change flight school 37hrs into training?
Old 28th Sep 2014, 17:28
Wingman1972

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Grob Queen

Thank you for your reply

I have to say I am amazed at your determination!!
Wow!!! 4 years and 150 hours is serious, I remember when I first went on my first trial flight I fell in love with flying and I wanted to know how quick I could get my licence and my instructor told me it can be done in a year working around my job and finances
It is definately false economy though! And it's only now that I'm getting this kick up the ass that I realize I need to just get on with it and get it done,
I know that not everyone can afford to go training several times a week due to work commitments and finances, I'm sure all these posts here will help some people make up there mind if they can afford it,
I am not sure having lots of different instructors would suit me as I like the personnel touch and I'm sure each instructor have there own way of teaching studes? So maybe this might not help? I don't know?
We fly pa28 diesels but I started out in (petrol) versions av gas, so that was also more time spent on transition, the diesels have fadec, no carb heat, or mixture to worry about but you can only carry three persons,
I am as I said going to talk to my instructor before he leaves next week and see if they can offer a finishing package if not then it's bon voyage for me :-)

Hey best of luck with it all :-) my hat is off to you for dedication and determination

Up up and away eh ;-)