PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2014, 16:42
harrym

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: harrym memoirs

Danny - re your #6235, apologies for recent silence. For some time I have been attempting to set my June '45-Oct '46 SE Asian period into a reasonably compact and readable form – possibly less a straight narrative, but rather into separate sections describing various aspects of operating in that theatre at that particular period. As you can guess, it was a rather different experience as compared to the steady training machine plod; for whereas the war was still 'on' at the start, by mid '46 our squadron based at Hong Kong was, given the rarity of any meaningful civil aviation as such, virtually filling in for non-existent local airlines; so, with a route structure stretching to Japan in one direction and Singapore or Calcutta the other, it was quite a task for our war-weary Daks - not to mention the presence of an insidious air of 'demob-happiness' in some quarters.

I hope to start 'publication' by the end of the year, but don't hold your breath; meanwhile, I find your own writings totally absorbing!

Cheers - harrym