PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do I change flight school 37hrs into training?
Old 28th Sep 2014, 14:57
Grob Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi WIngman,

If its any help at all, I am 150 odd hours and four years into my PPL training. I have thought of changing clubs on numerous occasions, but I am still with my original one and now have three FIs and have just completed by QXC. I wish I had had several trips per week as, when I do, it (funny old thing...) clicks with me easier, and at times I have had two trips in a day and that is a great help. in fact a good pilot friend of mine said right at the start of my training, "Its the studes who do not fly at least once a week who struggle".... I understand what he means now. So you really need to fly as much as possible!!

So, you will do whatever is right for you. But I agree with all the others who say get as much flying as possible. Maybe, have you thought about going with another FI in your school? I wouldn't go with any other FI for years..and that is one of the things that probably held me back. I now have three. Two fantastic friends and another a friend. So it may be worth asking your school if you can have not only a new FI as yours is leaving, but another one two.

GQ

ps, if you like it here, try the dedicated Students Forum on the Flyer Forums. To be honest, I got a little fed up with this site and moved over there. I hardly look in here now........