PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2014, 12:32
Waldo1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying home from malaga this summer with 2 carry on bags, grip style that were half full. Bags that we have travelled with for the last 6 years, the woman at the bag drop desk went mental as about 3 inches of the stiff frame stuck out of the bag checker stand. She then became most agressive in demanding we check these bags in and pay 70 euro. When i politely stated that we had travelled with these bags both on ezy and other airlines...she went into overdrive shouting that we would not be allowed on the plane and it would be over 100 euro at the gate...talk about the hard sell! I calmly told her i would deal with that at the gate so she proceeded to make a fake phonecall to her supervisor who amazingly was going to be boarding our exact flight and fake told him all aboit us and our 2 saggy bags...finally to add insult to injury she wrote all over our boarding cards"do not let these bags on the plane" the whole thing was a disgrace...i dont even understand why she was getting involved, all she was there to do was bag drop our case that was checked in the hold! Needless to say, i used my mobile boarding cards and there was no fake supervisor anywhere near the gate.
Its not just a one off, i now see them constantly scouring the line looking for any chance to penalise travellers with bags, much like ryanair used to do in the bad old days....so yes, after years of loving easyjet (and i do travel a lot on business and pleasure) theyve now turned into a nightmare overnight.