PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristol Hercules Radials
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2014, 06:44
Peter-RB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Staircase ,

The Halifax still exists , but it seems all interest in it has been dissipated, , so I am at a loss to see why the Yam didn't do what they said they would, but in any case yesterday I attended the starting up and running of two Bristol Hercules engines not far from Thirsk in North Yorkshire, the guys who took my Herc from the Yam have done an altogether brilliant job of getting it ready to fire up and run, and Brian Mills from Uttoxeter brought his as well.

They ran individually and after some initial mis-firing and coughs, started to run well, the last run of the day was two together with almost matched revs, the feeling of power being transmitted into the air and ground was unbelievable whilst some people may or would say they were very loud and noisy, well to me and all there who saw and heard this pair of Hercules engine thrashing the air with their four bladers it was pure music and history that could be heard and felt.

What a good day , hats of to the people who brought these engines back to life.
if I can achieve it I will post a short clip of the run, but may need to have some help , after all I am steam-age not really electronic age.

Peter R-B.......