PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - High blood pressure
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2003, 05:08
QDMQDMQDM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am 38 and have blood pressure which when I get up in the morning will be around 118/76 to 125/82. If I am tired it will normally be on the higher side of the above readings. Evening times, prior to bed they will sit at around 130/82 but on days off will often drop to around 125/75. I am not on medication, take it very easy on the salt and alcohol and swim and cycle a couple of times a week.
Normal blood pressure, no sweat.

I am conserned that during the day, and when working hard or under pressure these readings go up significantly somtimes as high as 150/100. The highest I recorded was 168/112 but only once. It seems their is a significant variation in readings which concerns me. Should I be concerned at these higher, under stress readings as it seems my at rest blood pressure would be considered normal.
Blood pressure and pulse rate rise in the normal person in response to mental or physical stress. In fact, a lack of blood pressure rise in response to exercise is a sign of severe heart disease.

As I said previously, an individual's blood pressure varies enormously and it is the trend which is important. From the limited information you have given here, you do not seem abnormal.

Worry less about your blood pressure and you may find your white coat hypertension disappears. Or that it doesn't.

QDM