PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indian DGCA Standards of Service
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2014, 20:07
billboard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IZAD

It is not being worried about providing records, but how we are regulated this days to provide them;
besides, what is the role of employment agencies when they recruit pilots?
Glad you brought that up. A regulatory framework can have two approaches. They are:

1) We shall trust everyone we come across unless someone gives us a reason to not trust him/her.
OR
2) We shall not trust anyone unless someone gives us a reason to trust him/her.

To avoid a long write up i would just like to draw your attention to the 2008-09 Sub prime crisis and the collapse and near collapse of large banks. There is absolutely no doubt that US Federal Bank was following the approach no. 1 listed above. Had the US Fed been less willing to place its trust in bank managements, things would not have turned out so bad. How many people lost their jobs for no fault of their own?

DGCA seems to be following approach no. 2. This approach has its disadvantages but is safer. And you cannot be serious about your point regarding employment agencies. Regulatory bodies should avoid outsourcing their oversight roles to private contractors.

Emails could be hacked, you are exposing private information on an unsecured medium
So spare me the thought of being reluctant to send my private and confidential information to [email protected]
From what little i know, if someone breaks into your system, they can be traced quite easily. If you cannot ensure the safety of your own terminal then your data is already exposed to much greater risk than it would be if you were to send it via email.

Just for your information, websites of the Government of India are developed and managed by National Informatics Centre. They have their own cyber security team which collaborates with multiple intelligence agencies, the military and Indian IT companies to ensure security against attacks. I dont think anyone is going to break into government systems to steal your info.