PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Sea, trial rig transfers by boat instead of helicopters
Old 27th Sep 2014, 15:48
pzu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Boat Jumping

SLB

Don't know if it's coincidence or not, but whilst watching your YouTube clip, the Ad that came up was offering something about a 'RETIREMENT GUIDE'!!!

But back to thread - Many moons ago as a young BRITISH Contractor on contract offshore Dubai to an 'Okie' outfit - you know the one, that World Leader in Safety that developed the STOP program (amongst others), they did in-field transfers by boat, usually laying alongside a lower landing deck - this quite often required use of a monkey rope, however if it was a bit choppy they switched to crane & basket

During my Festive Run ashore to play Santa Claus, I ended up with a broken wrist - however that safety conscious company still demanded my presence offshore, it was that or a ticket home!!! Somehow I survived!!!

This was the same company whose Field Foreman (GOD) completed an accident report involving a colleague who in typical Brit (mind you he was a Taff) fashion responded " Not as far as I know" to the question about his offspring - Six weeks later back came a Telex from Ponca City querying the response!!!

PZU - Out of Africa (Retired)