PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indian DGCA Standards of Service
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2014, 11:08
IZAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger There is nothing Genuine about DGCA's or CAA's

Billboard, you are missing the point in question.
It is not being worried about providing records, but how we are regulated this days to provide them; I can approach my former employer and request records of my position, flying time, etc; They in turn if their internal rules permit could issue ME with that information, but NOT to a third party even if requested by you. As a good illustration Chinese carriers are fascinated requesting Criminal Records, not by email, but though a universal recognized method of verifying authenticity, such as an Apostilled stamp from the high commission where you abode.
Emails could be hacked, you are exposing private information on an unsecured medium, and many have gotten away with Indian DGCA by just approaching a former friend from the company you belonged, just to tick the box and off you go. I am not surprised with Indians using this method, they are still using the former Bungalows from British rule as their headquarters in DEL, and it is not misery what they are victims of, but mere corruption. The recent FAA downgrading of Indian DGCA is not discriminatory, India needs infracstructure.
Now, should the DGCA or CAA questions your background, it is incumbent upon them to do their homework, the burden is on them; instead they put pilots to run base to get emails sent to an address in the cyberspace. So spare me the thought of being reluctant to send my private and confidential information to [email protected]
besides, what is the role of employment agencies when they recruit pilots? Any decent pilot should avoid flying under this criteria, not only DGCA's pose a burden to airlines, but an obstacle to progress.