PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tuna Spotting, tuna boat ops (incl Guam)
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2003, 02:59
Scrole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlenderPilot,
Thanks for the heads up. I knew when I wrote that, that I probably shouldn't!!! Or at least clarify what I meant. I have worked in the diving/sailing industry for a few years and it is a similar story there. People will come and work for nothing just to be in a beautiful place and it was a real irritation. I did come to terms with it and accepted it as part of the job. Although the investments made there weren't quite the same!!! I think it's one of those things that is thought but shouldn't be said. I'm sorry to those I have irritated. But I also suppose that those guys that have really put the time in can't be undercut by some 100hr pilot who really just has a licence to learn and finds it challenge enough doing a circuit!!!! (well you know what I mean!) But I totally know what you're saying. Thanks for not chewing my head off as I've seen people do on some of these forums. Well if/when I make it out to the Tuna spotting..I'll try to be as mythical as I can!! Thanks mate you've helped out a lot