PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Sacking Tarmac Engineers
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2014, 09:03
the rim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first class travel

have not been on in some time....but thought I might clear up the issue of First class travel.....Duty travel on QF before the merger was always J-class upgraded to First when avail...but only on QF aircraft.When the merger happened all went to this so domestically we travelled j-class as there was no first.On international duty travel you got upgraded to first if there was space and you met the requirements...like years of service and so on....now along comes the EBA and we want the to have access to First Class HOLIDAY travel....meeting with Geoff Dixon during the EBA on a weekend and a fed ex member who I wont name was very out of line with the CEO of the time{should mention that we should not have to bow down to them ...but} and as a result we were refused access to First class....I was told some time later that the CEO was heard to say that " they want this guy sitting next to a full paying first class pax ....I don't think so"...read into this want you want but this is the way it went down.....The Rim