PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IRAQ 3?
Thread: IRAQ 3?
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2014, 22:20
Lima Juliet

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts
Galloway makes a lot of sense? Am I the only one not living on the moon?! The guy, in my opinion, is an absolute twonk who would sell his own grandmother to stay in the house of commons. When I was risking my neck over Iraq he was cozying up to Saddam in a self publicising trek to Baghdad whilst Saddam was offering to solid gold pistols to the pilot that could put me in a box 6 feet underground. A treacherous rogue is my own personal view of the man who will cozy up to anyone who will listen to his tosh.

You can't reason with these IS people and cozying up to them will not work either. As one guy at work was foolishly saying "if I was caught I would just convert to Islam"; I then explained that they would then pass you a black fishing vest with marzipan smelling lining and ask you to demonstrate your faith for the cause by spreading yourself across a large area!

I'm afraid that plinking them from afar as they are identified is the best option for standing up to them with minimal casualties to our side. They don't like it, Terry hated airpower in Afghanistan and we used it effectively in the Middle East in the 20s/30s. We also need to raise our PerSec at home to ensure we don't suffer more Rigby style incidents. I have no issue with profiling like many other countries do - it isn't that hard to work out where the threats within the UK are coming from for the IS cause!!!

LJ