PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indian DGCA Standards of Service
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2014, 19:05
av8r76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So it's ok for a fellow desi to be subjected to the s*%t that is the Indian bureaucratic system??? You sound like that Bhanot chap from the CWG disaster who claimed that somehow Indian mediocrity should be considered on par with 'international' standards.

Easy to sarcastically ship off an expat since he isn't 'one of us' rather than accept that things in India are royal effed up and listen to what they have to say. Granted sometimes the comments can be a little over the top but I generally attribute that to frustration with the status quo. Are they wrong in their conclusions based on observations and first hand experiences? Don't think so. Do they have all the answers?? Definitely not. But a diverse viewpoint is certainly the need of the hour and generation.

You assume that the fiction that is the 72 page document will be the saviour of all pilots and people who are at the mercy of that hell hole we all know as DGCA.

Not a unique situation. Lotsa laws written or rewritten in India when most people who know the ground realites will say the existing laws are fine. It's the implementation and oversight that's lacking.

A document will achieve nothing unless the mindset and attitude changes. You're basically applying lipstick on a pig. I wish jns is wrong but I have a sneaking suspicion that nothing is really going to change. But I would really love to be wrong for the sake of all of us.