PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch in turbulence
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2014, 16:15
WhyByFlier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
600 captains is 70 aircraft worth! I'm not gambling on that - certainly not being in a country I want to be in.

Jax, for such an experienced pilot you've missed or not grasped one point - a captaincy or command isn't a qualification. Too many people, particularly university entering/leaving people confuse education, experience and QUALIFICATION. A consultant in a hospital is a qualified position. You do an LPC, an OPC and presumably have an ATPL. Not a command ATPL just as I don't have an FO ATPL.

It's ultimately so far outside my pay grade, no where near my decision and I need to jump through the hoops when my chance comes. No doubt being a captain is not a right to anyone and not every FO can or will have the capacity, ability or the personality to meet the standard. But that standard is subjective to each company too - in Easyjet the bar is very high - it needs to be.

Time will tell all, let's hope we're all happy. Why you didn't apply for the DEC NAP, OPO and AMS I don't know though given how much you want to fly for Easyjet. It's a great company, I can recommend it. If I have the chance to fly with you I'm sure we will have a great day out. I hope you and your family aren't displaced and I very much hope MON turn it around. I don't think they will. I hope they do though.

I'm done on this.