PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Statue stolen from St Clement Danes church
Old 26th Sep 2014, 14:45
Whenurhappy

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Exascot, bit of drift, but I recollect travelling on the London underground carrying an armful of Wilkinson's finest products. No-one raised an eyebrow. Nowadays I guess I'd be in the slammer for carrying knives in a public place
I got into a spot of bother a few years ago in Waitrose, in Canary Wharf, going shopping with my sword (in its case) in the trolley,after an event in town. The efficient private security thought it might be a shot gun! I got an apology and a £10 voucher.

Not in quite the same league, but we had a robbery at home a few months ago and amongst other things my Royal Air Force Officer's ceremonial sword belt was stolen. What on earth are these fg bds going to do with that. Clearly not hang a sword from it because they ditched the side belts (or whatever the technical term is)..
I lost mine after a wedding at the RAF Club - it got mixed up with the pool swords from High Wycombe. I got my sword back but not the belt. I tracked down a replacement one on line (made in Pakistan) for about £50.