PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch in turbulence
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2014, 10:22
WhyByFlier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have 4300 hours flying the A320 for Easyjet. I know a TC for MON who has been there for 18 years, been on the 320 for nearly 8 and has 4300 hours on type. MON are equally low on experience - I know a capt there with less than 4000 hours TT. I can happily verify this. So 9 months ago if easy had closed MAN and made all pilots redundant would the MON pilots have been happy and accommodating with them DECing them into MAN ahead of command ready FOs. A heavily unionised airline like MON? It's rhetorical, don't bother answering.

I don't have a problem with them getting anything but I do have a problem with me being penalised for it.

I know again, personally, MON Capts who left MON to join easy back when there were DECs. It's this lazy, lust for entitled regionality that causes this feeling - it doesn't happen anywhere else. An Ex's father was CFO for a major cargo airline - he had to spend years at a time in the Middle East, Germany, Singapore, Australia, Belgium and Ireland - as you can probably derive, he had a family too! I know lawyers, bankers, engineers, scientists and management consultants who've had to do and are doing the same. It's called life. I've had to do it with a family and family illness. Just got to get on with it and make your choice - I for example would do something else rather than go to the Middle East after considering it.

Sorry Jax, since you want to join easy so much I presume you applied for DEC many of the other times up to and including the last few weeks? Or would you rather I displaced myself again and went to NAP, OPO or AMS away from or displacing MY family, having given this company over 5 years loyalty, so you don't have to, having given them none? Please, justify it to me.

Last edited by WhyByFlier; 26th Sep 2014 at 10:38.