PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Outlook help pls.
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2014, 09:02
ExSp33db1rd

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Outlook help pls.

My IT man-what-does has spent nearly three days, and charged me an arm and a leg cleaning up my laptop from a self-inflicted injury.

Switching on after a 3 month absence away from home, I soon got a message from Microsoft inviting me to complete the latest upgrades - 'cept it wasn't from Microsoft, was it ! But realising that I would indeed have missed many upgrades I fell for it, call me stupid, but shxt happens.

Nevertheless, he is also of the opinion that Thunderbird, being a free e-mail programme, is vulnerable, i.e. there is no such thing as a free meal - I haven't an opinion, and have anti-virus software installed of course, and Adblock, anyway - still, he has weaned me off Thunderbird as I had an original disc of Microsoft Office Suite 2007, which I had never used, and now that has been installed I have Outlook as my e-mail client proramme.

There must be an answer in there somewhere, but buggxxd if I can find it, how does one delete messages from the Inbox ?

Using the X symbol at the top, or the menu option 'delete', all that happens is that a line is scored through the e-mail title, but it stays there, and can still be opened if necessary. The message also appears in the Junk / Trash mail folder - or whatever it is called in Outlook - but my Inbox is now full of scored through messages that are still in date received order, amongst the ones that I want to keep.

'tis a puzzlement. I'm sure the answer is staring me in the face - but I can't see it.