PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do I change flight school 37hrs into training?
Old 25th Sep 2014, 21:34
Wingman1972

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hey lostyetagain
Thank you for your reply
I totally agree and would say that having my training spread out over a long period of time has certainly made things difficult to remember each time I go back
I remember having a 4-5 month gap over the last winter months which has not helped at all
I now wish my instructor would have insisted I made it at least once a week or fortnightly that way I would be much further in,
but having the option to come and go as you please made me very relaxed about the whole thing until I had to go solo, I was told I needed to complete my air law exam before this could be achieved, I looked into the exams and found a ground school which offered me to stay for the week and complete all seven exams in one go which I done and passed, I now realize that if I do not complete my ppl within 18 months of my pass then these exams with the now extra 2 syllabus will have to be retaken :-(
I am fortunately now in a position to take the next four months off work and finish up but I do not think there is a instructor available at my airfield to be there 3/4/ times a week to train me? (weather permitting too) I need to check this for sure though, I do wonder if training 3/4/5 times a week might be overdoing things and take the fun out of it too?
I will be seeing my instructor for the last time next week and find out for sure if my needs can be met, I appreciate what you have said and will take it on board thank you for you reply mate
Kindest regards