PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do I change flight school 37hrs into training?
Old 25th Sep 2014, 12:21
Wingman1972

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do I change flight school 37hrs into training?

Dear all
I am very new to pprune and have enjoyed reading a lot of posts,

I now have a dilemma myself and would love some advice if possible please

I have been training for my ppl for nearly two years now and I must say I am loving it and sometimes struggling and wonder if I have done the right thing,

I train at an airfield which is great, good guys no uniform for me to wear, it's relaxed, I can book slots online as and when I want, my instructor has been very understanding with me working and only being able to get in when funds and time allow,
I am approx 37 hrs into my training I am about to do my first solo nave very short 10 mile round trip
I have already done some circuit consolidation
My dilemma is my instructor has just announced he is leaving, and my other dilemma is I only have 4 months left to complete training or if I think I am correct I will have to sit all seven plus two more exams, I completed all seven cylibuses in one go in July 2013 and my worry is now that I will have to do all 9 new cylabuses at great financial loss of what I have already spent, also I am not sure if I have time to complete the rest of my training , I would just like to know if it is possible and I do wonder if I should look for a school that would cater for my needs rather than stay and hope for the best, I would appreciate any advice guys, please