PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - iPhone 6 Bentgate
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2014, 17:12
Booglebox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When will people learn that iPhone hardware (camera and performance aside) is garbage?
  • 1: Easily scratched powdered aluminium back
  • 3G/3GS: Easily cracked plastic on the corners (especially the white one). Otherwise not bad. Easily the toughest models of all
  • 4/4S: Glass on the back? great idea! Let me just put it down on my handy VELVET CUSHION!
  • 5: Powder-coated side bits easily scratched, and the home button assembly often stops working (they had ONE BUTTON to get right.)
  • 5s: See #1, but worse
  • 5c: Plastic not very tough, although far better than anything since the 3G/3GS. Only one I would ever consider buying.
  • 6/6+: Structural rigidity of a soggy tissue, because instead of adding structural strength and more battery life, Apple like to shave 10ths of mms off the "thinness", because... er... must be a reason, right?....
It's ridiculous to see people forking out for cases to protect their precious fragile iThings. When did you last see an iPhone or iPad without a case? I'll tell you, it's when you saw a fairly old one that looks like junk and is scratched / cracked to hell. And if you have a case then you have the extra size, weight and cost of having 2 exoskeletons for your phone.

BUT: even a case may not work! Plenty of iThings in cases get broken, because the bloody thing is a piece of ultra-delicate jewelry that needs cotton gloves and is not suitable for actual day-to-day use.

Why don't they just sell the guts without a case, so you can buy a proper case that does the job of protecting it?
End of rant