PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - iPhone 6 Bentgate
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2014, 15:33
SpringHeeledJack

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Apart from the unknown danger of having an 'always-on' transmitting/receiving device pressed up against one's body for long periods of time, I too have wondered about the wisdom of having phones in places where when moving they are at risk of being pressured (front pocket/back pocket). Even my old Nokia 6310i wouldn't stand up to any bending forces for too long, so I keep it in a side pocket/jacket pocket/bag/hand.

The iPhone 6 is larger and thinner than previous examples, so these heated bending spaces (trouser pockets) will have a greater effect than before and the photos in the media seem to support this hypothesis. I don't think that Apple should be berated any more than the several other smartphone makers who use the same suppliers for their hardware, but they should be rightly castigated for NOT extensively testing their latest offering in every likely real life scenario before release to the public. Or perhaps making it clear that the iPhone is in reality a small computer that you can make and receive telephone calls with and to treat it accordingly