PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gestair Flying Academy
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2014, 12:50
Inlovewithflying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G air

Guys,

Gestair Flying Academy has been bought by G Air Training Centre, Both the Spanish and Portuguese part.

The Portuguese part will be operating soon from a brand new Airport (so Cascais will be over soon), which is owned by G air, providing them maintenance, cheap fuel, a couple of different IFR approaches and a less restricted area to train (might be an advantage, but could be a disadvantage too), although they main course is an integrated course withh about 150 flying hours (minimum requirement to pass) which is of course totally absurd.

The Madrid one however is more suitable to follow as they have their integrated course with 200 flying hours. (175 hrs C172 (Including 10hrs of RG) and 25hrs PA34 (seneca III)). You'll perform plenty of simulator hours on basic simulators, but as well 25 hrs on an Alsim FNPT I. The MCC is given on a A320 FNPT II full flight simulator. It is based on Madrid 'Cuatro-Vientos' Airport and you'll be able to reach all cities easily within 4 hours of flying.

I went to the Madrid one, when it used to be Gestair Flying Academy, but in my last remaining months it became G air Training Centre with some nice changes. They finally put a Dutch instructor in charge of their flight operations (Definitely a big improvement, telling you it of my experiences), but they do have some contracts with Volotea airlines and request your CV after graduation sometimes to be sent to Volotea (instead of doing it via CAE)

Although It might not be the best flying school in Europe. It provides you with a good quality with the amount you have to pay them. It is definitely the best choice after FTE Jerez in Spain.