PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2014, 12:16
Nassensteins Monster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Part 121.

To add to what Master Caution supplied:

"Engineers are just glorified car mechanics"

"Modern aircraft need less maintenance" So... where are mainlines modern aircraft? You know, the ones that need less maintenance? Would that be the A330s and 737-800s, the oldest of which are now over 12 years old? If modern aircraft need less maintenance, why have I received about a dozen calls for overtime in the last few weeks? Why is it that 65 LAMEs who were just a few weeks ago "exiting the business" now being reinstated? Could it have something to do with the possibility that someone quite senior in Engineering management has perhaps "miscalculated"? That's a technical term for "****** up".

Over the years I have seen many managers come and go. Many have tried hard, done a good job, maintained their personal integrity, and have earned my respect by doing their best within the confines of a toxic and nepotistic culture governed by an archaic managerial mindset that belongs in the 19th century. The culture eventually wears them down and they move on to greener pastures. To lose one good leader is an accident: to lose many is incompetence. They are not recognised and they are not groomed. When these good people walk, it is a grievous loss to the company. Sadly I have also seen over the years a disproportionate number who have been useless, clock-punching snakes that I wouldn't trust to manage a pissup in a brewery. Sadly, the culture seems to select and prefer these creatures.

Last edited by Nassensteins Monster; 24th Sep 2014 at 12:54.