PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fixed-wing or Rotary career? (incl Changing licence to Rotary)
Old 24th Sep 2014, 06:18
SextanteUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
North Sea

Hi everyone,

I've been reading about the reserves in different parts of the world, and it says here in North Sea there are reserves for 30-40 years. Do you know if that's the case? any link with information related would be appreciated.

I live in the US right now, and I'm considering getting my FAA CPL/IR/CFI, and eventually EASA CPL/IR. And honestly I've travelling for too long at this point, I just want some stability, and YESSS I know aviation, both rotary and fixed wing have nothing to do with stability haha. But I could see myself flying a couple of years here in the US, and then moving back to UK, Ireland, Norway or Holland. I'm also a CPL fixed wing.
Anyway, I want to be realistic with my expectations. I know this rotary world is smaller than fixed wing world. And being North Sea my goal, the world is even smaller. So when I say realistic I mean, do you think guys it's doable? but doable not like winning the lottery, wich I did once btw lol. Just working hard and being patient, getting the hours and then applaying a few times until someone likes your name and resume.
Money for training won't be a problem, and I'm 32 right now, european passport.
I love the idea of living in those places and doing that for a living, but as I said, I want to be realistic.

Thanks for taking the time to read me!.
Buenos vuelos!!