PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA T5 LHR Ramp or jetty question
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2014, 04:12
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm surprised you've had issues at the BA terminal at JFK, because not only have I not done so, but the number of aircraft handled is way down on the numbers envisaged when it was built long ago, when BA did flights to provincial UK and down to the Caribbean.
Sadly the terminal is not the issue it is often getting both to the terminal and from the terminal. Unfortunately, at the moment, there are, shall we say, issues at JFK.

I was merely pointing out that, rather sadly in my opinion, T5 is not the only place we experience delays with stands.

As far as the 'pro-activity' for stand allocations goes I'm afraid that is over my pay grade and neither would I ever want to have a hand in what must be a thankless task. You can please some of the people some of the time etc....

The stand allocations, as Wiggy has stated, are done a long time in advance. However when LHR is running at 99.5% capacity I'm sure you can understand that a small disruption will have major ripples that ruins any plan.

As was once said a plan is only good until first contact with the enemy, which, in the case of LHR, is the first arrival!!!