PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2014, 23:55
Ollie Onion

Received 212 Likes on 71 Posts
Come on guys, NO matter what we may think of Qantas Mainline terms and conditions we should all have 100% support for our fellow aviators right to defend their terms and conditions. For the contract to be as it is in its current form there must have been agreement at some point from the Company on those conditions.

Most pilots were 'offered' those conditions when they joined Qantas, they are entitled to think that those will be the conditions for the duration of their employment.

Allowing the 'best' local contract to be undermined and re-written to a lesser contract will impact EVERYONE in the industry. We will find ourselves having pressure put on for across the board reductions as management will always trot out the line 'we are low cost and can't be paid the same as a legacy carrier'. If that legacy carrier finds itself closer to the low cost model in terms of cost the next reduction will be to the low cost carrier.

It is not for me to tell another pilot that he/she needs to take a paycut, If I were on those terms and conditions I would fight tooth and nail to keep them.