PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time to lower collective in event of an engine failure
Old 23rd Sep 2014, 21:03
Dennis Kenyon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Elusive retirement.

Mainly for MB ... well yes, I have to say the Waterkloof AAD show in South Africa was probably the best I've been lucky enough to attend. I'm told they had a 130k crowd most days ... and following my display, I felt a bit like the Pope addressing the wall-to-wall crowd from the commentator's balcony.

Flying the 650shp MD530F was simply majestic and I'm still running through the day's manoeuvres in my head. So much satisfaction from a good display and in the sunshine with a DA around 7-8k feet (and getting paid to fly) so I keep asking myself why anyone would retire from that situation. I'd also like to think the later Enstrom 480B display was technically as good as anything I've ever produced ... so dear pps, I plan to fly for one more year thru to the end of 2015. Did I say that last year?

Mind ... I think I may take up drugs ... just as addictive and cheaper! (only joking!)

But to close I can only say again what a superb handling machine the old Hughes company produced way back when and the latest 530F stump puller is a display pilot's dream. What on earth does the 540 fly like? Now I'm going sentimental!

Bye for now ppruners .. fly safe and warm regards to all. Dennis K.