PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions for "First P1 flight" post PPL Pass..
Old 23rd Sep 2014, 19:36
Scoobster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
However it is a licence to consolidate and learn, very similar to passing your driving test.

So I am a little worried that already you are thinking about your first cross country to Shoreham, navigating from VOR to VOR, or as suggested ditching all you have learnt and flying A to B using GPS before the ink on your map from your qualifying cross country has dried.
@AbovetheClouds

Either something has been lost in translation... but I believe this comment is not warranted.. but I will take it as constructive criticism.. I am not planing on ditching what I have learned.. I have merely given MY OPINION.. on what some feasible options may be and used this open forum to obtain suggestions as to what other fellow (and probably more experienced) aviators did after their PPL..

The list is by no means exhaustive that I posted and I can of course take friends and family up to Southend or Earls Cone, but we will end up sitting around and drinking a Coffee..

Why not do a VFR Navigation to Shoreham and have a walk long the coast?? I can fly using features and i know the Kent Area well also so confident I can get to Shoreham...

What am I going to achieve..?

I will still take a friend up and go slightly further afield to shoreham or other afield and a Landaway to Lydd combined or alternate Airfield..

I have not mentioned that I will use GPS.. I merely responded to the OP that I have equally heard good and bad things and asked for THEIR OPINION.

What I am interested in is LEARNING from experiences of other Aviators and also consolidating my own learning with the standards and basic techniques taught in the PPL...

The thread was not intended to be a debate on who likes GPS and who doesn't and I do not believe my OP does either.

Scoobster