PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gliding stories
Thread: Gliding stories
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2014, 17:11
Big Pistons Forever

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts
Full wings

Thanks for the info. I am new to gliding but have a lot of light aircraft flying experience including float, tailwheel, flying formation and teaching aerobatics, so I am not too concerned about the basic handling and I figure I can ease into using the flaps. My glider port has a long field so there is no need for a super slow approach.

My instructor has over 9000 flights and has flown pretty much every glider made and so before I go any further we will pull it out of the trailer, assemble it and see how it looks. The deal will probably flounder right there, but we will see and in any case the price has to be very right.

I currently own one airplane and a half share of another, so I have no illusions about the reality of aircraft restoration/repair/maintenence . At least with gliders there is less oil and grease.

As for the rigging issue, well with hardly any looking I found 6 reports of pilots who took off with the elevator not connected . The good news for me is that there is space for it to live in the club hangar fully rigged.