PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2014, 12:46
Jinglie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tezza and his "mates"!

Well said Sot!
Tezza is up to neck in it with SkySentinel. He started the movement, guaranteeing it was going to cost about $40,000, and it was rock solid. What a joke! Plus the IP issues which the Richard Dreyfuss discounted!
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't Herr Skull say "come hell or high water" the regulatory reform project will be complete under his tenure? Well I'm not hot or wet!
And whilst CASA maintains the spotlight, what the hell is going on with the ATSB? The Commission has failed. Beaker is seen as an idiot (cause he is), and yet life goes on! The ASASI are hosting the annual ISASI conference in ADL next month. I suspect Beaker might get thrown a few very awkward questions on the panel in front of an expert international audience. Actually, I don't suspect it, he will! Should be a great evening of comedy!

Anyway enough rant. Regarding you comment Soteria,

[QUOTE]So Truss, as Deputy Prime Minister of Australia has no control of CASA, a government agency?/QUOTE].

The minuscule can't "direct" safety regulation (as per the Act), but he can certainly influence decision making and set policy. Also, has the accountability to resolve corruption and collusion within his ranks (including MrDak). THAT'S HIS ROLE!
And where is the beloved Dr Hawke in this mess? Never gets a mention, yet he is Chairman of the Board! Bring on an Inspector General reporting to the AG. The only way to get rid of the current malfeasance. Someone outside the portfolio needs to "watching and reporting".

As for the new CASA Board members, I'd be very surprised if David Cox has accepted. He certainly has enemies, but one of the smartest guys I've ever met. Boeing used to seek his opinion! Enough said.
If the current philosophy stays (under Hawke) maybe they'll look at Ita Buttrose for the role. Good on TV at least. "Clip Clop" Hawke doesn't look good at all on TV - old fart with a beard who mumbles about himself a lot. Maybe get Cate Blanchett on the Board. At least a great look, and a better actor/ress than Wuss, Hawke and MrDak!

Last edited by Jinglie; 23rd Sep 2014 at 13:40. Reason: IOSS tasks