PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2014, 11:26
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Grrr

JQ dont get credit for standby's. They for part of the month's roster .
Lucky you. They're not part of ours as I've previously mentioned. Qantas said they've trialled it and it was too difficult to implement given the longer trips that Qantas pilots tend to fly- 10 plus days away.

As part if the new EBA, they can do upto 42 days of standby straight. There us no talk of any credit hours being applied to standby days.
I presume JQ have a min guarantee credit or are you suggesting you can do 42 standbys straight for zero pay? If you get a min guarantee then you're effectively getting credit for standbys. Wow. Just the same as Qantas crew. I did a bunch of standbys this month. All of them had credit associated with them. I still got paid min guarantee hours as I suspect a JQ pilot in identical circumstances would.

I'd also be surprised if CASA would allow 42 standbys straight. Well perhaps you can do the standby but won't be able to fly if called out.

If Qantas don't want it to change, maybe they want it to fail.
Wow. What insight. If only I'd thought about that nearly a decade and a half ago when they first bought Impulse. Oh, wait!

Thanks for making my point nicely (again) though.