PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tuna Spotting, tuna boat ops (incl Guam)
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2003, 12:24
BlenderPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Scrole,

Remember having the FAA ticket is a plus, try contacting the San Diego (USA) companies first it would be easier I think.

Also very important . . . . don't tell other pilots around here what you said about "getting to fly is payment enough", around here that is seen badly by other pilots because for some it has been a long struggle to get to make decent wages and then comes a young pilot who will fly for free "because its fun and he loves it", that's a no no if you want support.

I once said the same thing to a B212 pilot when I was getting my first SIC job on 212's, I said "I don't care how much I make, I just want to fly" and he chewed me out and explained that although for me it was not important how much I made, to other pilots it was their sole way of supporting large familes. And now I understand his feelings. This way of thinking of "will fly for food" hurts the industry and its not according to the profession, becoming a pilot is expensive and takes some sacrifice, give it its due value, if not nobody else will.

In most places in Latin America being a helicopter pilot is something cool because, people still see pilots as hard to find, uniquely skilled indivuduals, you are not in the same category as experienced bus drivers like in some countries, being a pilot its still like a myth somewhat, take advantage of that and use it in your favor.

Don't take it wrong its just some advice

Buena Suerte!

http://homepage.mac.com/helipilot/he...toAlbum15.html