PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2014, 10:44
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

I love how people list out various things in our award and how out dated they are without the slightest context, understanding of the history, etc.

Eg: standby credits. We don't do a couple of standbys in a roster around our other flying, we do a full month of standbys. These have credit attached to them so that the company can keep track of who has been working hard and who they need to assign standbys to and it all goes towards total pays. But sure, bag it out as an outdated thing without understanding the differences between our blank lines and other pilot rostering practises. Don't ask me why the company doesn't want 'composite rosters' where standbys are included in your roster. They just keep saying 'no' because they were a disaster in 1995 when they trialled them for a while. So in the mean time, I'll informed posters bag certain aspects of our award and conditions without understanding that it's EXACTLY the way Qantas wants it.

Is there room for efficiencies? Yes. Would many people outside of Qantas know how to get those efficiencies or the impact on rosters as Qantas wants them to be? No.