PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why no new destinations by Qatar and Emirates?
Old 23rd Sep 2014, 04:35
PanAmFalcon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am afraid I'm gonna be a bit off topic here but, Pan Am, would you care to elaborate on the last part of your post; why would GF be an interesting case for aviation enthusiasts ? Is it because of how GF proved how a giant can become a dwarf or is there something about GF others do not know or you believe GF has something up its sleeve ? Thanks, Cheers.
A dwarf is a very kind word for an airline that used to be the regions finest to the region's idiot. Gulf Air plans on a comeback.Not as ambitious as the big 3 but to be a profitable airline once again and work its way up through it.For years,CEOs and the gulf countries have tried to revive the airline but failed. So it would be an interesting company to see become sustainable and begin expanding once more without massive capital injection.They actually may actually have something up their sleeves but I do not think that they have anything that can Challenger the big 3.
All I know is that after the airline proves to be sustainable, a Saudi someone plans to invest heavily in Gulf Air once the shares go public.

They tried to keep GF alive for years, injecting Zillions, they did cause it was the symbol of 4 Arab countries working together, GF was never a giant it was always a dwarf on steroids
I agree but that's not the case anymore.The reason they had to keep the airline afloat was because they needed an airline and that top officials were also robbing the airline. It's a surprise that GF managed to stay alive after the corruption and mismanagement.It used to be one of the most profitable airlines in the world at a point. A short point but a point never the less!