PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA T5 LHR Ramp or jetty question
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2014, 21:05
WHBM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Basil
I can assure all readers that, particularly following an on-time landing, delays in allocation of airbridge or remote parking irritate crew almost as much as passengers.
This is unique to BA at Heathrow. Honestly, it is. Nowhere else can I even recall having to hang round waiting for a gate allocation, or for the stand guidance to be turned on, or for buses if required to turn up. Even at BA outstations with handling agents it is invariably (for me at least) straight in. Likewise other carriers at LHR.

It would be good however if there were not announcements from the flight deck as if it were the first time this ever happened.

Between 30 and 5 minutes early (bit difficult to be > 30 mins early) : "Ladies and gents, we're having to wait because we're here just a bit early, and so they're not quite ready for us".

Between 5 and 30 minutes late : "Ladies and gents, we're having to wait because we're here just a bit late, and so they're not quite ready for us".

Over 30 mins late : "Ladies and gents, obviously because we're here rather late they can't be ready for us".