PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thames/Heathrow - G-LIZZ: It weren't me, honest!
Old 22nd Sep 2014, 17:47
GAPSTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's something else for you guys to chew over....

VFR transit granted access to CTA/CTR...given a clearance limit remaining clear of the active to await onward clearance.Busy with plenty of IFR inbounds.Approx 1.5 nm from threshold..."I'm crossing the active in 2 minutes" !!

Me..."no you're not,make an immediate left hand orbit"...followed by "report visual with landing B737 3nm to the (cardinal point) of you"

Traffic commences a RIGHT hand orbit stopping half way and heading directly at the inbound...further strongly emphasised directions from me followed by instructions to fly a certain direction...this to get this clown out of the zone and out of my hair...again incorrectly followed until further remedial action taken.

Qu. Why...(and this is the 2nd such occurrence within a couple of months) should I now risk my licence,because have no doubt,if this had gone seriously wrong that is a very legitimate concern...Why should I continue (as I have done for a fairly lengthy career) to allow VFR access if one side cannot follow very straightforward instructions and honour the mutual contract?

I realise this is a different scenario from the one originally posted but I would welcome some rational responses.