PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where Are Flyjet?
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2003, 05:05
Flightrider

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Thunderball
Understood - I don't actually have any doubt that the airline will start, it's just a question of when . They need to sort this fairly quickly as their credibility is taking a knock at a time when tour operators are already thinking about Summer 2004 flying. The lack of any form of statement from them is also causing rumours to run riot, instead of trying to control the rumours through some pro-active news management.

Ron Glum
Yes, I had heard it said that sarcasm was the lowest form of wit.

The sarcasm wasn't entirely unjust. If Air Scandic has invested to sort the issues out, then good luck to them. However, on the basis of what's in the public domain to date, it ain't pretty. From the Air Transport Users' Council website, their punctuality in 2002 was:

% of flights delayed by +1 hour = 22.1% (industry average 10.0%)
Average delay = 47 minutes (industry average 24)

The reviews of Air Scandic at carsurvey.org - not necessarily representative of all of the passengers who flew with them, but not a bad straw poll, I think - are pretty awful almost without exception.

Heaven knows, they need to fix it and if they have, then good for them and long may they prosper. However, until they start reporting some decent results then my cynicism remains. Trust this clarifies the basis for my opinions.