PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Gatwick to New York
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2003, 04:41
brockenspectre

Rainbow Chaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

mainfrog2 - you bet I am sure! When I worked as a travel agent (during mom's illness) I learned that all tour operators/charter airlines offer a flight only service to all destinations and got myself an Airtours Premium Cabin to FL for a lot less than the then BA World Traveller to TPA/MCO. The flight was fine .. delayed as always .. and the space available in the Premium Cabin was good (you gotta check that it is an Airbus to get a separate "biz-style" cabin on the route cos otherwise the premium seats are just scattered throughout the regular cabin). When I am planning my FL trips I therefore check Virgin, BA, United, AA, Continental, Airtours and then any other charters who will make a price for a flight only ... THEN I decide! usually based on price these days alas ..

My last two trips to FL, in Dec 2002 and Feb 2003, were with BA to TPA and the fare was £298 INCLUDING taxes. At the time I wrote my first reply above the BA WT fare was running about £180 more than the Airtours Premium. I am, of course, keeping an eye on the BA economy fares and as soon as they come down I will be booking (only decision will be do I try for Sep and a possible Atlantis launch OR do I book for Thanksgiving - when I have a standing invite to see friend!)...

btw bealine I really DO prefer BA to Airtours!!