PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2014, 11:03
bobsyerunlce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks MV for a very comprehensive answer to my not very specific question.

In the attempt to smash the 7mppa barrier, It is going to be very tricky based on current rotations. With the expansion of the airport will hopefully come an increase in flights given that there will be more spaces for passengers to wait rather than just in the cramped terminal like at present.

I still think there is plenty of scope for Easyjet and Ryanair to increase their route network from Bristol but they may be wishing for flight times when the airport can't currently accommodate them. Maybe it is BRS that is currently holding back some expansion for the comfort of travellers?

The answer may be new carriers such as SAS, the often mentioned Turkish, a new transatlantic carrier or even another LoCo such as Wizz, Norwegian or AirBerlin (all of which I have found to be very good on the times I have used them). What does anyone think of the chances of this?

It's just a shame that the next 2 flights I have to take will both be from LHR as MUC and CDG were ridiculously expensive from Bristol.